Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Addition to the Family

I was browsing through some of the cat adoption sites, looking for a polydactyl cat, and found one in urgent need of a new home. Her name is Kitty Cat (the Humane Society named her Gomez, but her adopting family thought that was not a good name for a lady), and she is about 5 years old. Her original adoptors have had to move to a nursing home. We took a drive to North Gower to look at her, and brought her home.

Kitty Cat is currently in a hidey hole, and growls when Jake or Annie come into the computer room. I am not sure if Kitty noticed Gloria come ghosting through. But she has moved house twice in the last four days, so I do not blame her one little bit. She is a beautiful sleek black short-hair, and I will post photos when they become available.

8 comments:

Lorac said...

I love that you went to the Humane and found a kitty to rescue. I have two cats, both were strays and have fostered several here where I finally found homes for or a spot at the rescue shelter. Our shelter is beyond capacity so it is hard to get a cat in there. Why don't people take better care of their cats? I actually live in the country and watch people drop off cats thinking, I am sure, that they will fair just fine on their own. They don't, they end up here.

Tracy said...

Hi, Judy! Happy New Year! And wonderful news on your new sweet, furry addition to the family! We're just back from our trip and catching up with you here... Feeling jet-lagged and heart-fuzzy after a sweet Christmas, good to be home and back in blogland. Very much enjoying checking in with your holiday postings Looking forward to sharing another creative year with you. Wishing you & yours all the very best of love, peace & joy in 2010! :o)

Deb said...

congrats on the new family member...can't wait to see photos...

JC said...

Concatulations !!!!

I've had Meredith for almost two months. She is also about five. It's still taking time for her to adjust to my other four.

Each day is better. I take her out and about with me. The two boys aren't hissing or chasing her anymore.

Give it time. It is worth it. She just needs to feel loved and that comes with time.

Thank You for taking her home ...

joo said...

Can't wait to see the photos!! So lovely of you Judy - I would love to have a cat, but...well, my two dogs probably wouldn't be too happy!

storyteller said...

How wonderful to give Kitty Cat a home. I look forward to photos ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Jenn Jilks said...

I lived in the Gore onceuponatime!

Congrats on the kitty.
We're still babysitting this dog...so much fun.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm sure Kitty Cat will be very happy once she is used to her new surroundings. Kitty Cat is lucky to have found you...er, I guess it was the other way around. LOL

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.